Thursday, August 22, 2013

Silhouette Challenges CH#4 "Shaped Card"

It's time for another Challenge over at

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Ch# 4 Shaped Card
Begins: Thursday, August 1
Ends: Saturday, August 31
Sponsors this month are:
Prize: $10.00 GC

My Crafting Channel
Prize: $15.00 Amazon GC



There's still plenty of time to play along at this month's Silhouette Challenges challenge.  This month, we're all making shaped cards!  I decided to make my shaped card using the "Get Well Dog" file from SVG Cutting Files. I made my shape card by taking the blackout shape and creating an offset.  I then made a copy of the offset, and then another copy that was mirrored above.  The two copies I welded together and cut in white cardstock.  The original offset I cut in the blue patterned paper.  I did this because when I welded the shape, it would have taken some of the top of the dog's head off.  This way, I adhered the blue over the white cardstock and it has a complete shadow.  I guess I could have just done that with the blackout too, now that I think of it.  Oh well, I like blue.

The thing that always trips me up with shaped cards is that I struggle with how to embellish them.  I feel like when I want a shaped card, it's because I love the shape so much!  So with this pup, I decided to make it a girl and I gave her a bow made of trendy twine. 


The sentiment stamped inside is from Jaded Blossom's "Puppy Love" set. 


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Just too cute. Love it. Thanks for being a part of the DT.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute for words. I always have the same problem with embellishments too.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete